About Houston Criminal Defense Attorney Mario Madrid
Houston criminal defense attorney Mario Madrid is a fifth generation Texan who at his core is a trial lawyer who finds it a great honor to defend the rights of the accused. Mario has tried and represented clients who have faced a range of charges from Capital Murder, Aggravated Robbery and Aggravated Sexual Assault to DWI, Drug Cases and Theft.
Mario never backs down and works tirelessly in the defense of his clients. He is a true believer in doing everything possible to help his clients and their families through the dark period of a criminal accusation.
A Board Certified Houston Criminal Defense Attorney
There are more than 70,000 attorneys licensed to practice in Texas. Only 7,000 are Board Certified. Mario is one of these select attorneys as he is Certified in Criminal Law.
Choosing a criminal defense attorney is one of the most important decisions a person can make in their life. Those that choose Houston criminal defense attorney Mario Madrid choose a lawyer with a proven track record who treats his clients with compassion and will fight to the end for them.
Mario Madrid is a former Judge for the City of Houston where he served from 2008 to 2014. Mario found it an honor to serve his fellow citizens from the bench. The experience in presiding over trials and making rulings in criminal cases is an invaluable and tremendous asset that Mario carries with him and uses in his approach to representing his clients.
Assistant District Attorney
Mario Madrid is a former Assistant District Attorney. Mario prosecuted a variety of felonies and misdemeanors and learned the prosecution prospective. The ability to understand the prosecution’s strategy is key in defending criminal cases. The experience of working up a case from the State side is another invaluable tool that Mr. Madrid utilizes in his zealous representation.
- Board Certified in Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Voted Houston Top Lawyers 2011
- Avvo Rated Superb 10/10
- Nominated Houston Super Lawyer
- National Environmental Negotiations Competition, University of Richmond, 1995, Quarter Finalist
- Speaker Award-Fourth Best Oralist in Leroy Jeffers Moot Court Competition, 1994
- ABA Regional Negotiation Competition, University of Tulsa, 1994, Finalist
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- National College for DUI Defense
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association
- Texas State Bar Municipal Judges Section
- Texas State Bar Criminal Justice Section
- Harris County Bar Association
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- South Texas College of Law – Juris Doctor 1996
- University of Houston – Bachelor of Arts, Double Major History, Radio-Television
- Appointed Associate Judge – City of Houston Municipal Court – 2008
- Partner Madrid Law- 2011-Present
- Partner at Madrid Martinez & Associates – 1999-2011
- Assistant District Attorney Galveston County District’s Office – 1997-1999
If you were arrested by law enforcement in the Houston area and need to talk with a board certified criminal defense attorney that will fight for you in the Harris County Criminal Courts at Law, set up an appointment to meet with the criminal defense lawyers of Madrid Law, PLLC by calling 713-877-9400.