Houston Immigration and Naturalization Lawyer
Immigration law is a broad and complex field that demands the services of a skilled and experienced lawyer. The statutes that govern the immigration and naturalization processes change with some regularity.
As such, it is essential that individuals who wish to apply for citizenship or challenge a deportation order retain the services of a competent immigration lawyer with ample practical expertise. A skilled Houston immigration and naturalization lawyer Mario Madrid can help guide inexperienced litigants through these confusing processes.
Areas of Immigration Practice
Immigration law has special implications for families. Due to an increasingly complex legal framework, an individual who wishes to reunite with family members in the United States must aggressively pursue his or her case. Likewise, a worker who faces deportation proceedings must mount a strong legal defense to ensure that his or her family will remain together.
There are many immigration-related issues that directly affect families, including:
- Family immigration services: U.S. law permits certain family members of naturalized citizens to obtain immigration visas and enter the country legally.
- Deportation proceedings: Deportation hearings may be initiated against individuals who are discovered to be in the U.S. without proper documentation, as well as documented immigrants who have been convicted of crimes.
- Naturalization proceedings: An individual may apply for U.S. citizenship after maintaining permanent resident status for five years or more.
- Asylum applications: An individual who wishes to flee his or her home country due to widespread violence or an unstable political situation there may apply for asylum in the United States.
- Waivers of inadmissibility: Some individuals may be barred from obtaining worker visas or gaining permanent resident status due to certain preexisting issues. These may include previous criminal convictions and certain health conditions. They can often be challenged in court.
These practice areas often overlap. As such, individuals who are interested in securing strong representation in any area of immigration law should select a Houston immigration attorney with litigation experience in multiple areas of this broad field.
Contact an Immigration Lawyer in Houston
For years, Mario Madrid has practiced immigration law in the Houston area. He is a well-known local attorney who has received numerous state-level accolades. These include admission to the College of the State Bar of Texas and membership on the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Since 2008, he has also served as an associate judge in the City of Houston Municipal Court.
Call 713-877-9400 today and speak to Madrid Law about getting a free initial consultation.