The State of Texas has a clearly defined set of circumstances in which a murder charge can lead to the penalty of death. A charge of capital murder can only be levied when one of the following conditions is met:
- Murder of an on-duty police officer or fire fighter
- Murder that occurs during the commission of another felony, such as robbery, sexual assault or arson
- Murder in exchange for payment, or any involvement in a murder for hire transaction
- Murder during an attempt to escape a legal confinement to a detention center
- Murder of two or more individuals, either at the same time or on separate occasions
- Murder of child under ten years of age
- Murder of a judge or a person who is employed by the courts
A capital murder charge is the most serious criminal charge that anyone can face. It is extremely important to retain a competent criminal defense lawyer to review such charges and to take stock of any and all evidence that the state has gathered against you. Whether you or a loved one is facing a capital murder charge, finding a qualified capital murder defense attorney should be the first action you take.
Arrested For A Criminal Offense in Texas?
Contact Houston Criminal Defense Attorney Mario Madrid
Mario Madrid, a Capital Murder Defense Attorney
Hiring an experienced criminal defense attorney in Houston may well be the difference between life and death. Don’t gamble away your life by giving your case to a lawyer who has not proven their capability to successfully navigate a murder trial. Trust Mario Madrid to stand firmly by your side, keeping your defense as his number one priority. Preparing a case in a murder trial requires much time and effort on the part of the attorney. Make sure your defense looks at your case from every conceivable angle.
Madrid Law, PLLC
In preparing your case, Mario Madrid will gather information from the state, while collecting evidence elsewhere for your defense. He will meet with family and friends, as well as contacting anyone significant to your defense. He will give you instructions on what to say or not to say when dealing with media and the prosecution, all while keeping an open line of communication with you every step of the way. Take a proactive stance in your defense by trusting the experience and knowledge of Madrid Law.